I finished Mal’s 4th Fairfield weeks ago and forgot to post it. Nothing new to report here, aside from cutting the collar stand with a bigger seam allowance that ended up being really helpful. I think for the next shirt I’ll try this method though.
My biggest achievement with this shirt is the pocket pattern matching! I used the method I learned in my very first Stitch class: place the pocket pattern piece on the pocket markings on the shirt front fabric. Trace the print (in this case, zebras). Then cut out the pocket fabric using the tracing. It works like a charm every time!
I was surprised when Mal picked out this fabric at Finch, but as usual he has stellar taste. I have a good amount leftover too, so I’ll be brainstorming what to do with the rest!