I learned a bunch of things in the Wiksten tank class! I was nervous going in since it’s kind of a shapeless a-line which is not my style. I was right, the fit is bad, but it looks good tucked in and the fabric is super cute (Robert Kaufman Woodland Clearing Cotton Lawn).
What I learned/did:
- How to trace a pattern
- How lovely Swedish tracing paper is
- Made my first muslin, and judged the L to be the right size (TOTALLY INCORRECT)
- French seams
- Pattern matching for the pocket (check out that bird above – nearly invisible)
- How infuriating curved hems are
- Used a glue pen to help tack things down instead of pins
- Even an imperfect finish can still look good, and probably no one else will notice the issues
Still, Wiksten is definitely going into the filing cabinet indefinitely.