I bought the Lark Tee pattern last summer and it has sat in my sewing bin since then. I finally ordered some fabric a couple of months ago and didn’t get around to sewing one up until today. I went with a cap sleeve scoop neck.
My serger was not cooperating today, and it only took me 10 minutes to realize it was because the thread guide bar wasn’t fully extended up. I fixed that, and of course there were more problems: the thread tension was really off and wasn’t stretching with the fabric. I decided to rethread it in case the thread guide bar problem messed something up, and it took me 3 tries to get it right. I thought I got past that learning curve! I finally got it right, and the tension was still off.
Anyway, it took me an hour to tweak settings but I finally was ready to start the t-shirt. It was pretty easy to put together and the fit is decent aside from the shoulders. I went with a 14, graded into a 12 at the waist. I did a narrow zigzag for the hems, with a slightly off thread color but it works. The shoulders are standing up, but maybe they just need a good press or a wash to settle down.
I really need a few easy casual basics to throw on in warmer weather. I might try some other t-shirt patterns as well, like the deer and doe plantain or cashmerette concord.